Wilmington Reproductive Laboratories offers sperm cryopreservation to patients who are interested in preserving their fertility.
Sperm cryopreservation, processing and storage may also be a valuable option for:
- Cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy or radiation treatment
- Soldiers facing deployment
- Individuals in high-risk professions
- Individuals exposed to certain chemicals or medications that can diminish fertility
- Men preparing for vasectomy
- Extended business travelers
For military servicemen, Wilmington Reproductive Labs offers a significant discount for
- Storage fees
How Sperm Preservation Works
Our storage facility is monitored by laboratory staff and linked to a 24/7 alarm system.
Here’s our process:
- Wilmington Reproductive Lab’s staff analyzes the patient’s sperm sample
- We freeze the semen sample in multiple vials to maximize usage
- We store all specimens in liquid nitrogen storage tanks
Wilmington Reproductive Labs also processes and stores:
- Testicular biopsy samples
- Directed donors
- Anonymous donors
- Anonymous donors with consent for ID release
- Donor oocytes
- Donated embryos
Wilmington Reproductive Laboratories will help facilitate transportation of all cryopreserved samples to and from Wilmington.
Contact us for more information on sperm preservation at Wilmington Reproductive Laboratories.